Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth day 2010

Anyone who has ever talked to me for more than ten minutes knows I am not a liberal. I am about as typical Nebraska conservative as you can get. Guns, religion, labor unions, you name your issue and I am going to side with the right. About the only view I have which may be middle of the road or left leaning is environment. I googled 'earth day 2010' before I started this blog to do some research, and have to agree with all of the steps they suggested;

-clean up your local park

-save energy whenever you can

-turn off lights

-plant a tree

-buy local

-use farmer's markets


After reading these I continued reading, and the website turned into a typical dirty hippie left leaning meat is murder the world is going to end because you drive a F150 instead of a Prius. Nice.

Me and my dad have planted over three hundred trees on my property. I recycle every week everything the local center will take. We buy our beef and pork from local farmers. I heat my house with corn. Yes real feed corn bought from the Coop in Firth, Ne. I drive a car that gets 40 miles to the gallon. I do everything I can to teach my fellas and baby girl to be good stewards of the earth, not because Al Gore says I have to, but because I want my sons and daughter to have beautiful places to take their sons and daughters hunting and fishing. And if you ever want to get pistol whipped, all you have to do is litter in front of me at a state park.

Good Day

1 comment:

LifeSaver CPR said...

Some issues just aren't political anymore, they are common sense. You live in the most perfect area to teach by example - having the opportunity to buy from local farmers, use corn to heat your home, and to plant numerous trees on your property. Lucky you and more importantly, lucky Faz kids.

*It's me, just using Chris's computer, hence the sign-in name*
Ash