Monday, August 23, 2010

I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart.

loyalty-: the act of being loyal


1 loyal-: unswerving in allegiance: as
a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or governmentb : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is duec : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product
2
: showing loyalty


I am brand Loyal. Nine years ago I was working on my deck and needed a belt sander, I went to Closeouts Unlimited in Lincoln and saw a Ryobi sander on sale half the price of any other sander. The sander worked fine for a day or two, then in the middle of my project the sander fell off the deck and that was it. Nothing would happen when I squeezed the trigger. I called the factory and drove thirty miles for a factory repair rep, dropped off the sander off and never saw it again. On my way back to Lincoln, I stopped by Home Depot and paid retail price for a Dewalt belt sander, it was in the top three most expensive brands. That sander sits in my basement as I write my current post. I have never gone back to Closeouts Unlimited, and in addition to the sander, I have purchased a Dewalt drill set, Dewalt sawzall, Dewalt Miter saw, and Dewalt Jigsaw.
Also about seven years ago, my wife's car a 96 Pontiac Sunfire started to smoke. It had a little under 100,000 miles on it, with proper maintenance. Knowing I would get nothing by doing it, I sent a complaint email to GM, telling them the vehicle they had sold my wife was smoking like a Kuwaiti oil well. They did not appreciate my metaphor and sent me a message back telling me 'Not our F****** problem' that's not what they wrote, but that's what I got from their message. I wasn't expecting a new car, but all GM would need to tell me was 'Sorry we possibly made a low quality product, but here's a voucher for one thousand dollars off any new General Motor Product.' If Gm had done that I would have a Chevy Tahoe sitting in my garage every night for the last seven years, Instead I have a Dodge Durango which I have been very happy with. How's business by the way General Motors? My next vehicles will be a Ford F150 or F250 and a Honda Civic.
Now I must admit that I still drive my wife's Pontiac Sunfire to work everyday, but only after I had to take off work for a week and swap out engines with help from my mechanic (John Faz aka Dad).

My loyal brands include
Power tools Dewalt
Vehicles Ford maybe Dodge or Honda
TVs Sony
Computers Mac


good day

No comments: