Friday, August 8, 2008

Just a typical day!



Hi everyone! I figure that since I am SOO horrible at responding to e-mails and returning phone calls that I would blog. I'll pretend for the moment that I am techno savvy. I won't fool myself though.

We have been extra busy lately! The beginning of June we found ourselves visiting Ben's sister Amy in Santa Maria, CA. Ben, the boys and Ben's dad drove. Abby, Ben's mom and I flew. There was NO way that I was going to drive to CA with a 1 year old! We got to meet our new twin nephew's; Peter and James (now they are 9 months old). The kids also enjoyed playing with Amy's other 2 children, John and Grace. We got to taste a lot of good wine and see some amazing sites on our trip.

Then Ben and I celebrated out 10 year anniversary. Since we never went on a honeymoon, I told him that there was NO way that he'd take me to Omaha or Kansas City to celebrate. He came through and we just spent a week in the British Virgin Islands. It was an amazing trip. Oops, I forgot- I am supposed to tell everyone that it was horrible and you never want visit! That is why Ben has made the verbal commitment to go back there every other year! The kids got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Cafaro. They also got to see their cousins (Jordan, Casey & Drew) and of course their uncles and Aunt JoAnna. All of the kids were absolutely spoiled that whole week. It took a couple of days, but I think I managed to de-program them! Now they are back to fighting, ignoring me and 'forgetting' to do their chores!

We are rushing trying to get ready for school to start. I officially go back to work on Monday and the boys will begin school on Thursday. It seems like it gets earlier and earlier every year! Paxton will be starting 3rd grade, Wyatt will be in 2nd grade and Zach will be in Kindergarten. Abby will continue to go to daycare, where she loves to go! Ben will watch her for about 2 days a week.

I am still teaching at Norris Elementary School in Firth, NE. I can't believe that I am entering my 13th year of teaching! Ben is still a police officer with Lincoln. He works 2:30pm-2:30am on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and every other Saturday.

Other than running the boys around for all of their sports and lessons (I get a couple weeks reprieve until it starts up again!) nothing new or exciting is going on! We are still loving the country life. This afternoon Ben's dad and I are going to take the kids to the county fair......that is after I take the boys to get their haircuts!

I almost forgot! Happy anniversary Mom & Dad- 38 years and counting.......

Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the web site, Jen. Wish you could have made it to the Wright/Schiller reunion in Glenwood Springs, CO on 26 an 27 July 2008, your Aunt and Uncle (Nancy and Ron) were there. You still had the best wedding I can ever remember. And when you get to it, add some BVI photos and suggestions as we are going in December. Thanks, Donna Pekarek